GOALS SET TO ACHIEVE IN THE SPAN OF 2010-2014 SHALL INCLUDE:
- Strengthening the relevance of study programs to adapt to the growing demands by stakeholders and to the development of social and political sciences.
- Fostering mentality of independence, leadership, and adaptability in all graduates.
- Enhancing efficiency, effectivity, and productivity in learning process and education management.
- Creating a more conducive learning environment.
- Improving the quality of information system supporting the faculty’s internal management.
- Revamping the accountability of the faculty’s assessment system to better evaluate its educational methods.
- Improving the combined quality of academic staff and their support system.
- Enhancing the assessment and evaluation system for a better performance of internal management.
- Improving the quality of faculty management towards greater professionalism.
- Maximizing the functions and roles of the faculty’s normative bodies.
- Solidifying the relevance of graduates and faculty services.
- Ensuring a healthier state of organizations in the faculty.
- Disseminating the results of researches both nationwide and overseas.
- Raising more funds to support researches, development, and competitive public services.
STRATEGIES FOR TARGET ACHIEVEMENT (2010-2014):
In an effort to achieve all the goals made, the faculty has arranged a plain and realistic set of schedules covering the list of its annual activities, which comprise:
- Evaluating each study course in a systematic and regular manner.
- Developing patterns of lectures that are meant to forge both hard skills and soft skills equally.
- Improving the process of student recruitment, lectures, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Creating a more conducive academic environment for a healthier academic culture on the basis of dialogue-based principles and sense of equality between lecturers and students.
- Improving the quality of facilities and embracing technology updates under the care of a professional management system.
- Maximizing the functions and roles of the Planning and Information System of the faculty.
- Improving the faculty’s quality assurance system based on a reference provided by UNAS.
- Enhancing the quality of human resources as well as the facilities and services functioning as a support system.
- Developing evaluation systems to assess the quality of faculty management.
- Optimizing the functions and roles of the faculty’s normative bodies.
- Developing an effective, efficient, and transparent budget management system targeting public participation in educational funding.
- Improving the quality of academic services.
- Developing an effective and efficient operational system for organizations.
- Intensifying researches and cooperations in both national and international scopes.
- Encouraging the improvement of lecturers’ skills and dedication in terms of researches and public services as well as constructing its development system.
THOSE STRATEGIES ARE TO BE IMPLEMENTED IN LINE WITH THESE FOLLOWING STEPS:
- Creating a 4-year strategic planning under participation of all stakeholders.
- Releasing a 4-year operational planning that elaborates programs to execute annually.
- Encouraging adjustments of Curriculum to embrace rapid development of sciences and ever-growing market demands.
- Implementing methods of education designed to forge hard skills and soft skills equally.
- Polishing the quality of lecturers to make for more productive class sessions.
- Creating a more conducive academic environment on the basis of dialogue-based principles and sense of equality between lecturers and students.
- Replacing obsolete facilities and infrastructures and implementing the latest information technology available.
- Optimizing Quality Assurance Unit at faculty level.
- Encouraging the entire academic staff to pursue higher academic degrees and attend required trainings for skill improvement.
- Applying an evaluation system both internally and externally.
- Evaluating each of the faculty’s units and normative bodies to optimize their functions and roles.
- Forming partnership body and opimizing the roles of institutions with fund-raising potential.
- Creating and implementing Standard Operational Procedure (SOP) and Manual Operational Procedure (MOP) for academic services by each of the available service units.
- Evaluating the effectivity, efficiency, and performance of organizations in the faculty.
Encouraging lecturers to attend trainings on research to improve their competence for proposal writing and public service.